Oxford awarded NERC Doctoral Training Partership funding
The Minister for Universities and Science, David Willetts, today announced that the University of Oxford was one of 15 Universities to be awarded part of £100m of new NERC investment in Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs), which specialise in training environmental science PhD students.
The DTPs are designed to promote and facilitate interdisciplinary research, that will provide students with skills, expertise and knowledge relevant to future careers in academia and industry.
The Oxford DTP in Environmental Research will be in delivered in collaboration with a number of key partners national and international including:
• British Geological Survey
• Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
• Met Office
• National Centre for Atmospheric Science
• National Centre for Earth Observation
• National Oceanography Centre
• Shell Research Ltd
• Max Planck Institute
• Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
• European Centre for Medium-range Weather Forecasts
Further details on the announcement can be found at the NERC website.
Further information on Oxford’s DTP can be found on their website.